These are metal caps used to seal decayed baby molars. They are shaped to fit the size of the moral and cap the teeth to prevent more decay. Their stainless surface is easy to clean and maintain.
Why use Stainless Steel Crowns on baby molars?
- Use of stainless steel crowns may be an alternative to removing a decayed tooth.
- They can also retain space in your child month for the permanent tooth to grow.
- They are not complex to apply and easily fall off when a baby tooth falls out
When should I use Stainless Steel Crowns on my child?
- When there is no gingival floor possible for a proximal – occlusal restoration
- When there is early childhood caries
- After endodontic or pulpotomy treatment